If you're serious about being a WebMaster and looking for the best tools to do it with, then look no further than Mozilla FireFox browser. I can hear all the IE fans crying foul and that IE is the best. But honestly, FireFox is far superior to IE, plus it is FREE.
But did you know that there are many useful add-ons for FireFox that benefit the budding and advanced WebMasters?? You can get an add on FTP, that you can upload all your webpages using your browser!! It opens in a tab and is fast. There is an add on that will make your browser faster when opening web pages, up to 600% faster!! A Web Developer toolbar that allows you to test the speed of your index page, you need it to load within 8 seconds, Validate your HTML, CSS and links, display image file size, view a pages' HTML & EDIT IT!!
Need a currency convertor? This add on is integrated into the bottom right of your browser and when you open a web page you not only see the original prices but those prices you configured it to see. Most prices on the net are in US dollars and if you're not from the US and deal in either Euro, AUD, Pound, Canadian $, Yen and so on, then this is a great add on. There are International clocks, calculator, pay anyone with an email address by a PayPal Button, a PopUp reminder system and the list goes on. But that's only the beginning!! There a currently 980 add ons for Firefox 1.5.
Stop wasting you time with inferior browsers and get a FIREFOX browser and include the add ons of your choice and for FREE!!
Good stuff man . Just installed it to try it out even though I have the built in one. Like to see what it looks and behaves like.
Hello Kushmi, thanx for the response. If you are having any problems with it or want to know how to take full advantage of it, then post a reply or send me an email and I will help you out. Fiddle with it under the hood and you will be amazed at what it can achieve! Another option is to go the Mozilla site and check out all of their add ons. They also have a great forum where you can get help from people who know what they are talking about. If you need a free and secure (more secure than Outlook Express) then try out Mozilla's Thunderbird email client. This is nice and easy piece of gear and you can put add ons or themes, the same as FireFox. Take Care.
That is all.
Hello Dr. Xen, its its nice to have you on our forums :wink:
I too recommend FireFox as it is far superior than internet explorer when it comes to speed as well as its features. I personally use FireFox for 80% of my browsing and IE for the other 20%, so I still haven't totally given up on IE yet.
FF is superb bcos easyness
Extensions especially adsense notifier which i love
Firefox has replaced Opera for me. Opera used to be one of the lite-est browsers back in 1998. But Firefox's extendability and theming support won me over, with a larger user community and it is free.
I using FF and Opera. But more FF and i'm really pleased.
Opera Crashes a lot.
And Firefox is the King :wink:
Well, I won't comment IE. The reasons are obvious.
Opera's java sucks, even if there's a java plugin or whatever this shit is called.
Firefox is good. It's fantastic. BUT. To make it SO good, you have to download 20+ plug-ins :/
The great thing is that there are good developer tools and you can customize it very easily.